When can I stop taking Precose?

You should not stop taking Precose (acarbose), a drug prescribed for type 2 diabetes, unless it isn't working for you or its side effects are unacceptable. You may need to take it long term. Never stop taking this drug without talking to your doctor first -- even if you feel better or your symptoms go away.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...
How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
The first oral medications for people with type 2 diabetes, sulfonylureas stimulate the pancreas to ...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...