When can I stop taking PrandiMet?

You should not stop taking the diabetes drug PrandiMet (repaglinide and metformin) unless it's not working for you or its side effects are unacceptable. If you do want to stop, talk to your doctor first, because a sudden change in this medication can be dangerous. PrandiMet affects blood sugar, and your levels may become too high if you stop suddenly.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...
Does premlintide have any side effects?
Side effects of pramlintide may include nausea, headaches, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pai...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...