When can I stop taking PrandiMet?

You should not stop taking the diabetes drug PrandiMet (repaglinide and metformin) unless it's not working for you or its side effects are unacceptable. If you do want to stop, talk to your doctor first, because a sudden change in this medication can be dangerous. PrandiMet affects blood sugar, and your levels may become too high if you stop suddenly.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
Avandia improves how insulin is used in your body. It also decreases the amount of sugar released by...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...