When can I stop taking PrandiMet?

You should not stop taking the diabetes drug PrandiMet (repaglinide and metformin) unless it's not working for you or its side effects are unacceptable. If you do want to stop, talk to your doctor first, because a sudden change in this medication can be dangerous. PrandiMet affects blood sugar, and your levels may become too high if you stop suddenly.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If you...
What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Pramlintide (brand name Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin, which is produced along w...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...