When can I stop taking miglitol?

It's likely you can stop taking the type 2 diabetes drug miglitol (Glyset) when it appears that you'll be able to maintain normal blood sugar levels without it, and by following a healthy diet and getting regular exercise alone. While you're taking miglitol, your doctor will run regular tests to check how you're responding to the drug; when he or she feels that you no longer need miglitol, you'll probably be able to stop taking it. Even if you're feeling well, however, don't quit taking miglitol without your doctor's go-ahead.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...