When can I stop taking Glyset?

Your doctor will tell you if and when you should stop taking Glyset (miglitol) to treat your diabetes. This medication works by slowing the breakdown and absorption of sugar in the food you eat. When you stop taking it, this no longer occurs, and you'll no longer get the benefits of being treated with Glyset.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...