When can I stop taking Amaryl?

Do not stop taking Amaryl (glimepiride) without talking with your doctor first, even if you feel better. This type 2 diabetes drug affects blood sugar, so any changes in your dose will affect your blood sugar.

You should carefully monitor your blood sugar levels and have laboratory tests as your doctor tells you, to make sure your blood sugar levels stay within a healthy range.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...