When should I call my doctor if I am taking repaglinide?

If you are on the diabetes drug repaglinide (Prandin), call your doctor right away if you have signs of high or low blood sugar. Either can become a medical emergency, so they need to be treated promptly. Signs of low blood sugar include:
  • shakiness
  • dizziness
  • sweating
  • pale skin
  • clumsy or jerky movements
Signs of high blood sugar include:
  • extreme thirst
  • frequent urination
  • weakness
  • blurred vision
You should also call your doctor if you become pregnant, or if you develop another medical condition. Talk to your doctor before you start another medication (prescription or over-the-counter) or a supplement.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...