When should I call my doctor if I am taking Precose?

If you are taking Precose (acarbose), a drug for type 2 diabetes, you should call your doctor right away if you have certain symptoms of high blood sugar. These include:
  • extreme thirst
  • frequent urination
  • extreme hunger
  • blurred vision
  • weakness
High blood sugar should be treated as quickly as possible.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
A drug called Avandia is widely used to treat diabetes. But is it safe? Watch as Drs. Oz, Steven Nis...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...