When should I call my doctor if I am taking Amaryl?

You should call your doctor right away if you experience certain side effects when taking Amaryl (glimepiride). These include unconsciousness and other symptoms of severely low blood sugar, yellowing of the skin or eyes, light-colored stools, dark urine, pain in the upper right part of the stomach, unusual bleeding or bruising, diarrhea, fever or sore throat. Amaryl can cause other side effects, most commonly dizziness, headache, weakness and nausea. Call your doctor if these symptoms bother you or don't go away.

Although it is rare, some people have an allergic reaction to Amaryl. Call your doctor immediately if you have trouble breathing or develop sores in your mouth or lips or a rash on your face or body.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
Does premlintide have any side effects?
Side effects of pramlintide may include nausea, headaches, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pai...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...