When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?

Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied to the skin that releases an estrogen (ethinyl estradiol) and a progestin (norelfestromin) into the blood stream to prevent pregnancy. Although the hormones in this patch are similar to the hormones used in birth control pills, they are processed differently in the body, causing women who wear the patch to receive much more estrogen. Studies have found that this can increase the risk of venous thromboembolism (VTE), blood clots that form inside veins. For this reason, women using Ortho Evra are urged to discuss their risk of VTE with their doctor.

You will be at higher risk if you are over 35 or if you smoke more than 15 cigarettes per day. Let your doctor know if any of these apply to you so you select another birth control option.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic