What are the side effects of glimepiride?

Although you may not experience side effects while taking glimepiride, it is important to keep watch for possible side effects. Mild side effects include: stomach upset, diarrhea, throwing up, pain in your stomach, fatigue, dizziness, skin sensitivity or irritation and decreased blood sugar. Tell your doctor if these become bothersome or persistent. More severe side effects include: skin problems; acute rashes; pale pigmentation; yellow pigmentation; unusual and easy bruising or bleeding; strange-colored urine or stools; pain in the upper stomach; and difficulty eating. If you are experiencing severe side effects, see a doctor right away. If you experience symptoms of an allergic reaction (hives, face swelling, trouble breathing) or if you have fever, muscle pain or weakness, seizures, hallucinations, confusion or irritability, seek immediate medical attention.    

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Pramlintide (brand name Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin, which is produced along w...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...