What are the side effects of chlorpropamide?

Common side effects of chlorpropamide (Diabinese) are headache, nausea, and dizziness. Tell your doctor if these symptoms persist or become severe.

More serious side effects include signs of low blood sugar (dizziness, sweating, shaking, weakness, anxiety, increased heart rate, anxiety); flu-like symptoms; changes in heart rate; confusion; vision changes; fainting; abnormal bruising or bleeding; jaundice (yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes); extreme fatigue; increased susceptibility to sunburn; and changes in your urine or stools.

If you experience an allergic reaction while treated with chlorpropamide, skin rash, hives, difficulty breathing, tightening of the chest, or swelling of the face and mouth, get immediate medical attention.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
Does premlintide have any side effects?
Side effects of pramlintide may include nausea, headaches, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pai...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...