What are the side effects of chlorpropamide?

Common side effects of chlorpropamide (Diabinese) are headache, nausea, and dizziness. Tell your doctor if these symptoms persist or become severe.

More serious side effects include signs of low blood sugar (dizziness, sweating, shaking, weakness, anxiety, increased heart rate, anxiety); flu-like symptoms; changes in heart rate; confusion; vision changes; fainting; abnormal bruising or bleeding; jaundice (yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes); extreme fatigue; increased susceptibility to sunburn; and changes in your urine or stools.

If you experience an allergic reaction while treated with chlorpropamide, skin rash, hives, difficulty breathing, tightening of the chest, or swelling of the face and mouth, get immediate medical attention.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
What are thiazolidinediones?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...
What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...