What are the side effects of Avandaryl?

Type 2 diabetes treatment is complex, and it can be difficult to predict which side effects any one patient may experience. However, it is important to know what symptoms you may need to watch out for. Some possible side effects of Avandaryl (glimepiride and rosiglitazone) include: abnormal ovulation; anemia (low red blood cell count); cold-like symptoms; dizziness; heart failure and other cardiac problems; increase or decrease in blood sugar; increased possibility of fractures in women; liver or kidney problems; swelling; and weight gain. One of the medications in Avandaryl, rosiglitazone, has been show to increase the risk of heart attack and other cardiac problems. It is important to contact your doctor right away if you begin having any of these symptoms. Only your doctor can evaluate your side effects and adjust your treatment as needed.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...