What are the side effects of Novolin R?

The most common side effect of Novolin R (insulin human regular) is hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar. Signs of low blood sugar include: headache, nausea, hunger, disorientation, sleepiness, fatigue, dizziness, blurry vision, rapid heartbeat, sweating, shaking, difficulty  concentrating, and seizures. If you experience any of these side effects, taking a glucose tablet may help. If symptoms are severe, or if you notice signs of an allergic reaction (rash, itching, hives, facial or mouth swelling, and difficulty breathing), call 911 for emergency medical help. Failure to rotate the site of insulin injection may cause a change in appearance in fatty tissue of your skin.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Sulfonylureas lower blood glucose by stimulating beta cells in the pancreas to release insulin. Sulf...
How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...