What should I do if I miss a dose of Precose?

What you should do if you miss a dose of the diabetes drug Precose (acarbose) depends on when you remember it. Precose should be taken three times a day, at the start of each main meal. If you realize you missed a dose while you are still eating your meal, you can take it then. If you're not still eating, you should simply skip the dose and wait until your next main meal. Don't take Precose between meals, and don't double up on a dose.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...