What should I do if I miss a dose of Precose?

What you should do if you miss a dose of the diabetes drug Precose (acarbose) depends on when you remember it. Precose should be taken three times a day, at the start of each main meal. If you realize you missed a dose while you are still eating your meal, you can take it then. If you're not still eating, you should simply skip the dose and wait until your next main meal. Don't take Precose between meals, and don't double up on a dose.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
Avandia improves how insulin is used in your body. It also decreases the amount of sugar released by...
What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...