What should I know about Levemir before taking it?

People who are allergic to insulin should not take Levemir (insulin detemir). You should not take Levemir if you are experiencing hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) because it will further lower your glucose levels. Make sure your doctor knows about all vitamin, mineral, and herbal supplements and all medications, including over-the-counter drugs, you are taking. Keep all scheduled doctor appointments and tell the doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. Establishing and following a proper health regimen, which includes diet, exercise, and taking Levemir as your doctor prescribes, is important in managing blood glucose levels and staying healthy.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
Is long-acting insulin better for lowering blood sugar before eating?
Yes,long-acting insulin (Lantus or Levemir) is better than short-acting insulin (regular) at lower...
How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...