What should I know about Lantus Solostar before taking it?

If you use Lantus Solostar (insulin glargine) to treat diabetes, you need to be careful not to let your blood sugar get too low or too high. Test your blood sugar and talk to your doctor about how to correct it if necessary. Follow the exercise, diet, and other treatment guidelines your doctor recommends.

Talk to your doctor if you have kidney or liver disease, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. You should not use the Lantus Solostar pen if you are allergic to insulin glargine.

Also, make sure to take Lantus Solostar properly. Never dilute the medication or mix it with any other substance, including other insulins. Do not share your Lantus Solostar injection pen with anyone else, as this can transmit diseases.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Sulfonylureas lower blood glucose by stimulating beta cells in the pancreas to release insulin. Sulf...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If you...
How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...