What should I know about Humalog before taking it?

Humalog works by lowering blood sugar, and as a result, there is some risk of lowering your blood sugar too much. Low blood sugar is called hypoglycemia, and causes dizziness and shakiness, weakness, hunger, and sweating, among other symptoms. You should be familiar with the symptoms of hypoglycemia and what to do if you experience them.

Humalog is similar to regular insulin, but it works more quickly. Also, the effects do not last as long as those of regular insulin. Your doctor may have you take Humalog along with other diabetes medications.

Never share your Humalog with someone else, even if you use different needles. There is a risk of transmitting bloodborne diseases if you share insulin vials. 

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are thiazolidinediones?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...
What should I know before taking liraglutide?
Liraglutide is not recommended for children and teens under age 18. If you have had thyroid cancer ...
Does liraglutide cause any side effects?
Side effects may include headache, indigestion, nausea, low blood sugar, diarrhea, constipation, vom...
How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...