What should I know about Humalog before taking it?

Humalog works by lowering blood sugar, and as a result, there is some risk of lowering your blood sugar too much. Low blood sugar is called hypoglycemia, and causes dizziness and shakiness, weakness, hunger, and sweating, among other symptoms. You should be familiar with the symptoms of hypoglycemia and what to do if you experience them.

Humalog is similar to regular insulin, but it works more quickly. Also, the effects do not last as long as those of regular insulin. Your doctor may have you take Humalog along with other diabetes medications.

Never share your Humalog with someone else, even if you use different needles. There is a risk of transmitting bloodborne diseases if you share insulin vials. 

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
Sulfonylurea drugs are used to treat type 2 diabetes. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abd...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...