What should I know about glipizide-metformin?

If you are allergic to any of the ingredients found in glipizide-metformin, you should not take this medication. Additionally, your risk for diabetic ketoacidosis, lactic acidosis, hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia are increased when you take glipizide-metformin.

Glipizide-metformin is a prescription drug that is used in treatment of type 2 diabetes. Glipizide-metformin helps the pancreas to produce more insulin and helpsthe body use sugar more economically, which lowers blood sugar levels. However, glipizide-metformin is only part of a program to treat diabetes. It must be paired with a healthy diet and exercise. You should not stop taking this medication before speaking with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Sulfonylureas lower blood glucose by stimulating beta cells in the pancreas to release insulin. Sulf...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...