What should I know about Byetta before taking it?

Byetta has recently been flagged as a source of severe kidney problems. This fact does not automatically mean you should not take it; Byetta may work well for you if other treatments for type 2 diabetes do not. However, you should avoid Byetta if you have preexisting kidney problems. You should also be aware that Byetta only treats type 2 (late onset) diabetes.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

what should i know before taking pramlintide ?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
how much insulin do i need per gram of carbohydrate ?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
how can i tell when my novolin is no good to use ?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain ?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...