What should I avoid while taking Tradjenta?

Because of potential interactions, you may need to avoid taking other medications, including insulin, rifampin (an antibiotic used to treat tuberculosis) and St. John's wort, whileyou're taking the diabetes drug Tradjenta (linagliptin).

Be sure to give your doctor a list of all the medications you take, including prescription and nonprescription drugs, herbal remedies and supplements.

You do not need to avoid any particular foods or drinks while taking Tradjenta.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
What should I know before taking liraglutide?
Liraglutide is not recommended for children and teens under age 18. If you have had thyroid cancer ...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...