What should I avoid while taking Humalog?

If you are taking Humalog to manage your diabetes, you should avoid any major changes in your diet, meal times, or amount of exercise. Successful maintenance of your diabetes depends on balancing your diet, exercise, and medications to avoid low blood sugar. Some medications and other chemicals, including alcohol, may affect blood sugar levels, so ask your doctor if you need to avoid these substances. Avoid taking more than your normal dose, even if you missed an earlier dose.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is pramlintide?
Pramlintide (Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin. Pramlintide lowers blood sugar by sl...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
The only medication specifically approved by the FDA for treating those with type 1 diabetes other t...