What should I avoid while taking DiaBeta?

If you are on the type 2 diabetes drug DiaBeta (glyburide), it's important to avoid taking bosentan (Tracleer), a drug used to treat hypertension in the lungs. Ask your doctor about any other drugs you may need to avoid while on this drug; there are several that can interact with DiaBeta or interfere with blood sugar levels.

DiaBeta increases the skin’s sensitivity to sunlight, so do not spend too much time in the sun. Use sunscreen and cover up if you have to be outside for a while.

Talk with your doctor about whether you should avoid alcohol while taking DiaBeta. You should also talk with your doctor if you're pregnant or considering becoming pregnant, breastfeeding or considering it.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If you...