What should I avoid while taking NovoLog?

While taking NovoLog (insulin aspart), you should avoid alcohol, certain foods and medications, and activities that could lower your blood sugar too much, to the point where you have hypoglycemia. You should also avoid foods and medications that lower potassium levels in your body. Avoid diluting or mixing insulin with NovoLog in an insulin pump. Only dilute NovoLog in a syringe with your doctor's approval.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...