What should I avoid while taking NovoLog?

While taking NovoLog (insulin aspart), you should avoid alcohol, certain foods and medications, and activities that could lower your blood sugar too much, to the point where you have hypoglycemia. You should also avoid foods and medications that lower potassium levels in your body. Avoid diluting or mixing insulin with NovoLog in an insulin pump. Only dilute NovoLog in a syringe with your doctor's approval.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...