What is repaglinide and metformin used for?

Repaglinide (Prandin) and metformin are the generic names for two prescription drugs that are combined into a single tablet and sold under the brand name PrandiMet. Repaglinide and metformin are used to treat type 2 diabetes in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise. This drug combination is usually prescribed when metformin alone is no longer effective for controlling blood sugar.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Sulfonylureas lower blood glucose by stimulating beta cells in the pancreas to release insulin. Sulf...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
Is long-acting insulin better for lowering blood sugar before eating?
Yes,long-acting insulin (Lantus or Levemir) is better than short-acting insulin (regular) at lower...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...