What is the proper dose size of glipizide?

Glipizide stimulates the pancreas to release insulin. This hormone is essential for glucose transport into the cells where it is used for energy.
  • The usual initial dose is five mg. orally (by mouth) once a day 30 minutes before breakfast. 
  • The usual maintenance dose is 2.5 to 30 mg. orally.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
Sulfonylurea drugs are used to treat type 2 diabetes. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abd...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...