What is the proper dose size of glipizide?

Glipizide stimulates the pancreas to release insulin. This hormone is essential for glucose transport into the cells where it is used for energy.
  • The usual initial dose is five mg. orally (by mouth) once a day 30 minutes before breakfast. 
  • The usual maintenance dose is 2.5 to 30 mg. orally.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Sulfonylureas lower blood glucose by stimulating beta cells in the pancreas to release insulin. Sulf...