What is the proper dose size of glimepiride?

Glimepiride is used to treat type 2 diabetes. It works by helping the pancreas release the hormone insulin. This medicine should be taken with your first meal of the day. Here are the guidelines for adult dosages:
  • The usual initial dose is one to two mg. taken orally (by mouth) once a day.
  • The usual maintenance dose is one tofour mg. taken orally once a day.
  • The maximum recommended dose is eight mg. per day.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...