What should I do if I miss a dose of Symlin?

If you miss a dose of the diabetes drug Symlin (pramlintide), which is taken just before meals, wait until your next meal and take your usual dose then. Do not double your dose to make up for the one you missed. Symlin helps keep your blood sugar from rising too high after a meal; if you take too much, your blood sugar may fall dangerously low.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
What are thiazolidinediones?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
Thiazolidinediones (TZDs) address the body’s inability to use insulin effectively to control blood s...
Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If you...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...