What should I do if I miss a dose of Symlin?

If you miss a dose of the diabetes drug Symlin (pramlintide), which is taken just before meals, wait until your next meal and take your usual dose then. Do not double your dose to make up for the one you missed. Symlin helps keep your blood sugar from rising too high after a meal; if you take too much, your blood sugar may fall dangerously low.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Does premlintide have any side effects?
Side effects of pramlintide may include nausea, headaches, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pai...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The only medication specifically approved by the FDA for treating those with type 1 diabetes other t...
How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...