What should I do if I miss a dose of repaglinide and metformin?

If you miss a dose of repaglinide and metformin (PrandiMet) and remember it while you're still eating a meal, take it during the meal. If you've finished eating, however, skip that dose and take your next pill at the normal time (usually shortly before your next meal).

Do not take extra repaglinide and metformin to make up for missed doses. And remember to monitor your blood sugar levels to make sure they stay within a safe range.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
Pramlintide (brand name Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin, which is produced along w...
What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...
When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...