What should I do if I miss a dose of repaglinide and metformin?

If you miss a dose of repaglinide and metformin (PrandiMet) and remember it while you're still eating a meal, take it during the meal. If you've finished eating, however, skip that dose and take your next pill at the normal time (usually shortly before your next meal).

Do not take extra repaglinide and metformin to make up for missed doses. And remember to monitor your blood sugar levels to make sure they stay within a safe range.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Pramlintide (brand name Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin, which is produced along w...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...
Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...