What should I do if I miss a dose of repaglinide?

What to do when you miss a dose of repaglinide (Prandin) depends on how soon you remember to take it. Repaglinide, a drug for type 2 diabetes, is normally taken before a meal -- any time from 30 minutes before to immediately before you eat. If you remember your dose while you’re still eating, take it then. If you have finished eating, skip the missed dose and wait until your next meal. Do not double up on a dose to make up for the one you missed.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is pramlintide?
Pramlintide (Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin. Pramlintide lowers blood sugar by sl...
How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...
What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
Sulfonylurea drugs are used to treat type 2 diabetes. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abd...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...