What should I do if I miss a dose of repaglinide?

What to do when you miss a dose of repaglinide (Prandin) depends on how soon you remember to take it. Repaglinide, a drug for type 2 diabetes, is normally taken before a meal -- any time from 30 minutes before to immediately before you eat. If you remember your dose while you’re still eating, take it then. If you have finished eating, skip the missed dose and wait until your next meal. Do not double up on a dose to make up for the one you missed.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Sulfonylureas are an effective treatment for type 2 diabetes. However, like most medication, they ha...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
How does a sulfonylurea help treat type 2 diabetes?
Sulfonylureas are a class of oral medicine for type 2 diabetes. They lower blood glucose by help...