What should I know about glimepiride before taking it?

Before taking glimepiride, you need to know that the medication is not meant to control insulin on its own. People taking glimepiride must continue to live healthy lifestyles by getting enough exercise and eating a healthy diet. Also, there are some severe side effects of glimepiride such as vision problems, jaundice, low blood sugar symptoms, and an odd heartbeat. If you experience severe side effects like these or feel uncomfortable taking the medication because of other side effects, you need to see a doctor. Before taking glimepiride, you also need to know that the medication can interact with certain drugs; if you have certain medical conditions, like symptoms of severe diabetes, the drug can cause harm. Additionally, allergic reactions are possible with glimepiride. You should not take this medication while pregnant. To determine whether glimepiride is right for you, you need to consult with your doctor and make sure you disclose your whole medical history.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
How effective is liraglutide?
People taking liraglutide for a year along with a program of diet and exercise lost an average of 18...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...