What should I know before using Humalog?

Marjorie Nolan Cohn
Some of the most important things to know about Humalog are:
  • Never change the amount of insulin you are taking without talking to your doctor and dietitian.
  • Doses of your oral medication may need to change if your insulin dose is changing.
  • Always test your blood sugar as instructed by your health care provider.
  • When used in a pump, don't mix Humalog with any other liquid or insulin.
  • Don't share your Humalog with anyone else.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Scripps HealthScripps Health
The first oral medications for people with type 2 diabetes, sulfonylureas stimulate the pancreas to ...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...