What is Victoza?

Victoza, the prescription drug liraglutide, is an injectable medication used for controlling blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes. It does this by increasing your body's insulin production. Victoza is generally prescribed when a healthy diet and exercise regimen are not sufficient to control blood glucose. Victoza should not be used for type 1 diabetes.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do meglitinide drugs help treat diabetes?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
The meglitinides Prandin and Starlix prompt the body to make more insulin. They are fast-acting and ...
If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
Avandia improves how insulin is used in your body. It also decreases the amount of sugar released by...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...