What is tolazamide?

Tolazamide, also known by the brand name Tolinase, is an antidiabetic sulfonylurea medication that brings down high blood sugar levels. It stimulates release of insulin from the pancreas; the insulin then works to lower your blood sugar. Tolazamide is available in a tablet form. It is used for type 2 diabetes. It is not a substitute for a proper diet, just a supplement for those with hyperglycemia (high blood sugar) who cannot control their blood sugar through diet and exercise.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
Does premlintide have any side effects?
Side effects of pramlintide may include nausea, headaches, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pai...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
What is pramlintide?
Pramlintide (Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin. Pramlintide lowers blood sugar by sl...