What is repaglinide?

Repaglinide (brand name Prandin) is an antidiabetic agent, which means it works to treat diabetes. More specifically, repaglinide treats type 2 diabetes by helping to increase the amount of a hormone called insulin that is released by the pancreas. Insulin is needed by the body to regulate the amount of sugar in your blood. By increasing the amount of insulin available in the body, repaglinide can bring down the high blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...