What is Prandin?

Prandin (repaglinide) is a brand-name, prescription oral tablet that is used to treat type 2 diabetes. Your doctor may prescribe Prandin if you cannot control your high blood sugar with diet, weight loss, and exercise. Prandin works by stimulating your pancreas to produce more insulin, a substance that helps your body use glucose. The result is that you have better regulated levels of blood sugar when you take Prandin.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...
What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Sulfonylureas are a class of oral medicine for type 2 diabetes. They lower blood glucose by helping ...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...