What is PrandiMet?

PrandiMet is an oral prescription medication used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. PrandiMet is a combination of two different medicines, repaglinide and metformin HCl. Repaglinide is a drug that causes the pancreas to secrete more insulin, a hormone that allows the body to properly use glucose. Metformin is a drug that decreases the absorption of glucose in the intestines and also decreases glucose production by the liver. Overall, this brand-name medication helps control the blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...
Does premlintide have any side effects?
Side effects of pramlintide may include nausea, headaches, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pai...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...