What is PrandiMet?

PrandiMet is an oral prescription medication used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. PrandiMet is a combination of two different medicines, repaglinide and metformin HCl. Repaglinide is a drug that causes the pancreas to secrete more insulin, a hormone that allows the body to properly use glucose. Metformin is a drug that decreases the absorption of glucose in the intestines and also decreases glucose production by the liver. Overall, this brand-name medication helps control the blood sugar levels in people with type 2 diabetes.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Does liraglutide cause any side effects?
Side effects may include headache, indigestion, nausea, low blood sugar, diarrhea, constipation, vom...
If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...