What is Novolog Flexpen?

Novolog Flexpen, the prescription drug insulin aspart, is used in the treament of type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Novolog Flexpen acts quickly to counter the spike in blood sugar levels that can occur after a meal. Novolog Flexpen can be used in combination with intermediate and slow acting insulin to help keep blood sugar levels stable throughout the day. Novolog Flexpen works by removing glucose from the blood so that your body can use it for energy.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...
Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...