What is NovoLog?

NovoLog is a fast-acting insulin injection that is used to lower the blood sugar (glucose) levels in people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. NovoLog is approved for adults and children over age 2. NovoLog, containing the active ingredient insulin aspart, lowers blood sugar quickly and is most often used to control the rapid rise of glucose that is triggered by eating. For this reason, it is important to eat very soon after an injection. NovoLog is often used together with a long-acting insulin that helps maintain blood sugar levels on a regular basis.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...
How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If you...