What is NovoLog?

NovoLog is a fast-acting insulin injection that is used to lower the blood sugar (glucose) levels in people with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. NovoLog is approved for adults and children over age 2. NovoLog, containing the active ingredient insulin aspart, lowers blood sugar quickly and is most often used to control the rapid rise of glucose that is triggered by eating. For this reason, it is important to eat very soon after an injection. NovoLog is often used together with a long-acting insulin that helps maintain blood sugar levels on a regular basis.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
Pramlintide (brand name Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin, which is produced along w...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...