What is Novolin R?

Novolin R is a man-made form of insulin, a substance that occurs naturally in the body to helps regulate blood glucose levels. It is also referred to by its generic name, human insulin regular. Novolin R is available over-the-counter, and is used to provide insulin to diabetics (who lack insulin in their bodies). Novolin can be administered by self-injection, as directed by your doctor. This medication acts fast (usually within 30 minutes) and its effects may last up to 8 hours.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...
Does liraglutide cause any side effects?
Side effects may include headache, indigestion, nausea, low blood sugar, diarrhea, constipation, vom...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...