What is Novolin?

Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the pancreas to process and regulate blood sugar. People with type 1 diabetes do not produce insulin naturally, and need to take insulin supplements. Doctors may also recommend insulin for some people with type 2 diabetes (where the body makes- but does not properly process -- insulin.) Although Novolin is available over-the- counter, it should be used under a doctor's supervision, after it has been determined that changes in diet and the use of other medications were not enough to adequately control blood sugar levels.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...
What are sulfonylurea drugs?
Sulfonylureas lower blood glucose by stimulating beta cells in the pancreas to release insulin. Sulf...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...