What is Novolin?

Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the pancreas to process and regulate blood sugar. People with type 1 diabetes do not produce insulin naturally, and need to take insulin supplements. Doctors may also recommend insulin for some people with type 2 diabetes (where the body makes- but does not properly process -- insulin.) Although Novolin is available over-the- counter, it should be used under a doctor's supervision, after it has been determined that changes in diet and the use of other medications were not enough to adequately control blood sugar levels.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
How does Novolog Flexpen treat diabetes?
In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas fails to produce insulin. Your body needs insulin to convert blood ...
What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
Sulfonylureas are a class of oral medicine for type 2 diabetes. They lower blood glucose by helping ...