What is Novolin?

Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the pancreas to process and regulate blood sugar. People with type 1 diabetes do not produce insulin naturally, and need to take insulin supplements. Doctors may also recommend insulin for some people with type 2 diabetes (where the body makes- but does not properly process -- insulin.) Although Novolin is available over-the- counter, it should be used under a doctor's supervision, after it has been determined that changes in diet and the use of other medications were not enough to adequately control blood sugar levels.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or may be pregnant, alpha-glucosidase inhibitors m...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
When should I call my doctor about problems taking Novolin?
Yes. Norelgestromin-ethinyl estradiol transdermal (Ortho Evra) is a birth control patch applied ...
Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If you...