What is miglitol?

Miglitol is a prescription medication used to treat type 2 diabetes. When you have type 2 diabetes, your body doesn't use insulin properly, and so sugar stays in the blood stream, giving you abnormally high blood sugar levels. Miglitol slows sugar absorption in your intestines, resulting in lower blood sugar levels. Miglitol is manufactured under the brand name Glyset. Miglitol comes in a tablet form taken orally.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What are sulfonylurea drugs for treating diabetes?
Sulfonylurea drugs are used to treat type 2 diabetes. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abd...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...