What is miglitol?

Miglitol is a prescription medication used to treat type 2 diabetes. When you have type 2 diabetes, your body doesn't use insulin properly, and so sugar stays in the blood stream, giving you abnormally high blood sugar levels. Miglitol slows sugar absorption in your intestines, resulting in lower blood sugar levels. Miglitol is manufactured under the brand name Glyset. Miglitol comes in a tablet form taken orally.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
Do any other drugs interact with pramlintide?
Because pramlintide may affect absorption rates of some oral drugs, follow instructions carefully fo...