What is Metaglip?

Metaglip is the brand name of a combination of two diabetes medicines, glipizide and metformin, used to treat type 2 diabetes. In this condition, the pancreas can not secrete enough insulin to effectively transport glucose into cells. Glucose is crucial, as it provides the cells with energy. Insulin is also crucial, as it required to transport of glucose into almost all cells of the body. Metaglip helps your pancreas secrete insulin and helps the body use insulin more efficiently.  

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How do the diabetes drugs Byetta and Victoza affect weight?
Dr. Jack Merendino, MDDr. Jack Merendino, MD
Since it was introduced in 2006, Byetta has been prescribed widely. Victoza was introduced in 2010 a...
Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...
How can I predict my body's use of injected insulin?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Even if you eat the same amount and exercise the same amount every day, you won’t always be able to ...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
Avandia improves how insulin is used in your body. It also decreases the amount of sugar released by...