What is Humulin 70-30?

Humulin 70-30 is an over-the-counter, artificial form of insulin that is used to treat diabetes. It combines insulin isophane (long-acting form of insulin) and insulin regular (fast-acting form of insulin) to lower the blood's glucose levels. Humulin 70-30 is taken as an injection.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...