What is Humulin 70-30?

Humulin 70-30 is an over-the-counter, artificial form of insulin that is used to treat diabetes. It combines insulin isophane (long-acting form of insulin) and insulin regular (fast-acting form of insulin) to lower the blood's glucose levels. Humulin 70-30 is taken as an injection.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
What are alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors slow the digestion of carbohydrates in the small intestine. Alpha-gluco...
Is long-acting insulin better for lowering blood sugar before eating?
Yes,long-acting insulin (Lantus or Levemir) is better than short-acting insulin (regular) at lower...
Does liraglutide interact with any other medications?
Liraglutide can affect the absorption of some oral medications; it is important that the healthcare ...