What is Humalog Mix 50-50 (insulin lispro/insulin lispro protamine)?

Humalog Mix 50-50 (insulin lispro/insulin lispro protamine) is used to help treat diabetes. It contains both fast-acting and longer-acting insulin, which helps the body to use sugar better. This in turn reduces the amount of blood glucose. Humalog Mix 50-50 is available either as a traditional injection or in an injection pen form.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is pramlintide?
Pramlintide (Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin. Pramlintide lowers blood sugar by sl...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
Toby SmithsonToby Smithson
The insulin to carbohydrate (I:C) equation takes into account the amount of 1 unit of rapid active i...
What is rosiglitazone (Avandia) and is it safe to treat diabetes?
William Lee DuboisWilliam Lee Dubois
Avandia, as of today, remains on the US market. However, it has been “banned” in Europe due to conce...
What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...