What is glyburide?

Glyburide is used to treat type 2 diabetes. It helps lower blood sugar when diet and lifestyle are not enough. Glyburide works by helping the pancreas produce insulin. It is not used to treat type 1 diabetes. Glyburide is in a class of drugs called sulfonylureas. It is administered orally.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...
Does liraglutide cause any side effects?
Side effects may include headache, indigestion, nausea, low blood sugar, diarrhea, constipation, vom...
What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...