What is Glucotrol XL?

Glucotrol XL is the extended-release version of Glucotrol (glipizide), a prescription drug used to treat type 2 diabetes. Glucotrol XL is released at a slower rate in the body, so it is usually taken once a day. People who take Glucotrol typically take more than one dose a day.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking pramlintide?
If you have diabetic gastropathy, you should not take pramlintide. Pramlintide increases the risk o...
What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
Do sulfonylureas interact with any other medications?
If you are taking bosentan, you should not take glyburide and avoid tolbutamide if possible. If you...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...