What is Glucotrol?

Glucotrol is the brand name of an oral medicine called glipizide that is taken to treat type 2 diabetes. Glucotrol treats type 2 diabetes by helping your pancreas release insulin and helping your body use the insulin effectively.  Glipizide is often taken with another drug, metformin, which also helps to regulate glucose levels in the blood.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

If I need insulin to control my blood glucose, which type should I take?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Your insulin doses should mimic how insulin works naturally in the body. In people without diabetes,...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
Do alpha-glucosidase inhibitors have any drug interactions?
Drugs that may cause hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia need to be administered with caution to prevent l...
How do Januvia and Onglyza help treat diabetes?
Onglyza (saxagliptin) is approved for use by people with type 2 diabetes which is also being control...