What is glipizide?

Glipizide is prescribed to treat type 2 diabetes and helps the pancreas produce more insulin to lower blood sugar levels. To successfully control your type 2 diabetes, you also need to follow your doctor’s dietary and physical activity recommendations.
Glipizide is available in tablet form.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is Novolin?
Novolin (insulin human) is a form of man-made insulin -- a hormone normally produced in the panc...
What is Symlin (pramlintide acetate) for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Pramlintide (brand name Symlin) is a synthetic form of the hormone amylin, which is produced along w...
How should I distribute my insulin throughout the day?
Here is one formula that some people find helpful as a starting point for deciding how to distribute...
Does premlintide have any side effects?
Side effects of pramlintide may include nausea, headaches, loss of appetite, vomiting, abdominal pai...