What is glimepiride?

Glimepiride is a drug that is used to treat symptoms of Type 2 diabetes. It is to be taken orally with food. The drug helps people with diabetes maintain appropriate blood sugar levels. Glimepiride may cause nausea, a mild side effect, and it may also cause more severe side effects that need to be reported to a doctor. Glimepiride is meant to be used with, not instead of, a healthy diet and exercise.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What is exenatide for diabetes?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...
Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...
Will I need to adjust my insulin to tightly manage my diabetes?
You will most likely have to make adjustments as you find the program that best suits you. You will ...
How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...