What is glimepiride?

Glimepiride is a drug that is used to treat symptoms of Type 2 diabetes. It is to be taken orally with food. The drug helps people with diabetes maintain appropriate blood sugar levels. Glimepiride may cause nausea, a mild side effect, and it may also cause more severe side effects that need to be reported to a doctor. Glimepiride is meant to be used with, not instead of, a healthy diet and exercise.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

How can I tell when my Novolin is no good to use?
Before every dose of Novolin, always make sure it is in good condition. Check the expiration dat...
What are the side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors?
Dr. Darria Long Gillespie, MDDr. Darria Long Gillespie, MD
Side effects of alpha-glucosidase inhibitors may include digestive tract problems, such as stomach p...
Does long-acting insulin cause less weight gain?
Long-acting insulin (such as Lantus and Levemir) and newer premixed insulin (such as Humulog 50/...
What should I know before taking a sulfonylurea?
If you take a sulfonylurea, you should avoid alcohol. If you have renal insufficiency, you should n...