What is insulin glargine (rDNA origin) injection?

Insulin glargine (rDNA origin) injection, sold under the brand name Lantus, is used by people with both type 1 and type 2 diabetes to regulate blood glucose levels. It is classified as a long-acting type insulin and is injected into the body. In diabetes, the body does not make enough insulin, a chemical needed to maintain normal blood sugar levels. Without adequate insulin, blood sugar can become dangerously high. Insulin glargine (rDNA origin) injection lowers blood sugar in those who have diabetes.

Continue Learning about Antidiabetic

What should I know before taking liraglutide?
Liraglutide is not recommended for children and teens under age 18. If you have had thyroid cancer ...
How much insulin do I need per gram of carbohydrate?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
People with type 1 diabetes and people with type 2 diabetes who take insulin can work with their die...
Is the newer premixed insulin better for lowering blood sugar?
The newer premixed insulins (Humalog 50/50, Humalog 75/25, Novolog 70/30) work better than the o...
What is exenatide for diabetes?
Exenatide (brand name Byetta) is the first in a new class of drugs for the treatment of type 2 diabe...